Saturday, May 4, 2013

Ohio Power Series Trophy

I am a big advocate of providing for grass roots racing opportunities. Currently, we operate 12 mountain bike races each season, including the state championships, with 100% of the profits put back into the local cycling community. Aside from all the promotion and day of race time commitments, I took on an awards project for last seasons winners, to be honoured at the first race of this year.

I wanted to make a kinda industrial/raw fabrication looking trophy that also honored our two largest sponsors; Monster Energy and Clif nutrition. Sounded cool, until I had to actually start fabricating 45 of these...what do I get myself into?

Anyway, had lots of fun with the guys who came out to share the pain. I hope they are well received...


2 comments:

sunshine said...

Love the backdrop of the fire against your creation. What is the significance of the 3?

Rody said...

Umm, third place.

There was also a 1 and a 2.

:)

Thanks for the nice comment.

rody