Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Success of a different type...

Those of you who have followed the blog for a while realize that I divide my time with many diverse activities.  One is my public service with the City of Wooster, Division of Fire.

The last six months, I've been absorbed in both a budgetary and education battle to save six positions within our department, in jeopardy due to decreased municipal funding from the state level.  The last couple of months, I've been increasingly busy working as a co-chair on a community campaign to educate our citizens to insure they are prepared for their opportunity to define their desired level of service within our community in the voters booth.  Speaking at three to four community meetings a week and attending half as many committee meetings has been weighing heavily on me mentally, emotionally, and straining my little available time.

I am pleased to announce that the voters have decided to maintain our level of service and have passed an increase in our city's income tax, a positive outcome.

I am running about two weeks behind in the shop due to the temporary time constraints, for that I apologize, but the safety of our personnel and securing the jobs of six young families had to take priority.

I'll be working on completing the remaining April Luv Handle orders this week and will hopefully be back on track and current by the end of the month.

Thank you for allowing me the levity to re-prioritize for a bit, your sacrifice in receiving product a little later has had a significant impact on the community I choose to live in and work in.

Rody

No comments: