Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Detroit bound today

Hey y'all, quick post cause I'm bushed...

Drove up to Detroit today with Mike S to pick up the Lagun FTV-2 from Tartan American Machinery. I headed up with a bit of trepidation, as I had tried a couple of times to get the pick up date scheduled and was advised the mill was not yet ready to go.

Those worries fell away when I arrived; Tim (pictured below) is the go to guy at Tartan for machinery repair and prep. Tim had lovingly worked on rebuilding this machine for the last year from the ground up, insuring that each part was as perfect as it could be. His desire to send out the mill in A-1 shape was responsible for the delay and his goal was realized...Tim, you did a bang up job! I'll proudly take care of her for years to come.

I've gotta give major props to the folks at Tartan, from the excellent communication that Chris provided to the preparation prior to delivery by Tim, each step was handled in a professional, friendly manner. You could not do better than to work with this fine group...check them out if you need some new toys in the shop... click here

Gonna move some machines around in the am to fit the Lagun in and will be working on catching up on email in the afternoon between paint work. Thanks for everyones patience.

rody

2 comments:

Carl Strong said...

Congrats on the new machine Rody, looks sweet. Have fun with it.

Rody said...

Thanks Carl...I had a lot of fun running the fork lift around the shop, picking up machines and moving them around just because I could ;)

The Lagun runs smooth as butter and just feels so much more solid than the Bridgeport, I'm very satisfied that this will add to my productivity for a long time.

Now, if I could only find a Chevalier Mini CNC station for cheap :)

rody