Ok, Todd has been patiently waiting for his resto...like 2.5 years, and gave me a lot of levity in how to paint it up. The only parameters were that he wanted something a bit funky that was a little different from every other Yo you see out there. Can do.
Yesterday, I left you off with the masks finally dialed in. After cutting up a bunch of these then spending a good hour hunched over the desk, weeding out the masking while trying to keep the sweat from dripping on them, I started applying them to the frame...
On goes the black...
Of course, it looks so much better in person. I was hoping that it would be well received by someone other than me, and when Kalten walked in...
"Whoo, that is sooo cool!"
I've got another layer of clear to do in the morning, let her sit for a couple of days, then she'll be ready to send off.
I've taken three days of vacation off from the FD so I can have a concerted time to focus on Chad's build...although he's not waited 2.5 years like Todd, he's been patient and quiet as a monk. So here's how the rest of the month will play out...
Tomorrow - Final clear on Todd's frame and Cary's fork crown
Friday - Finish 6 Ti bars
Chad's road frame
Tony's 650b (yes it's true Tony, it's FINALLY time)
Reggies LD stem
Sue's road frame