Friday, August 7, 2009

MIA? KIA? Nope...just hiding in the shop :)

Well, not really hiding, just working my tushy off! The last week has been a blur of activity as I've been really trying to knock off as much as the small parts builds as I can so I may focus on frames uninterrupted for the next few months. So, as a quick peek into the shop window, here's some that transpired...

Louis stopped by and we built up his Soma B side...gonna add some axel tugs and she should be ready to go. Many of you are curious as to the ride the belt provides, so I thought I'd have Louis write up some impressions for the blog.

Many loooong days in the shop, the shortest was 12 hours, the longest 16.5. I got to see a nice sunset on the way home on the shorter day...
The last month and a half I've been knocking out forks...32 of them to be exact. Many segmented, some Ho's, and a few unicrown. Most will be going into the paint booth next week.
Here's a segmented 29er disc fork suspension corrected for 80mm travel that ended up without a home...if anyone needs it give me a call.
And a Ho fork destined to replace a fractured 10th Anniversary BOI with cantis and disc...



I've had a few small local projects to do as well. Tim needed to replace the aluminum bushings on his NRS but the LBS could not get them, so he came knocking...
When you have a shop and a lot of tools, all kinds of jobs find you. Here's a Volvo that needed some serious love...the frame had rusted away and left the stabilizer arm hanging free...some work with the plasma cutter and Mig welder and it is rolling down the road again :)

Just as rusty but a bit more work will be this Serrotta T Max frame...not sure what I'll do with this one. The chainstays needs replaced but the Columbus tubing is very difficult to find now...hmmm.
I'll be out of the shop Friday through Sunday to attend an out of town graduation party, see y'all soon.
rody

1 comment:

IF52 said...

That poor Serotta is making my eyes hurt. Sure is a shame for a frame like that to rot from within. Good think all those Fats are sealed up huh ;)