Despite the fact that I've been looking forward to the build, it has taken a bit longer to get it started due to some logistics with some of the more unique parts. Regardless, we're moving full steam ahead as I've got to get it completed so I can start (uh-oh) on some of my North American Handbuilt Bicycle Show items for Portland in February...it's coming up too fast :^)
So, here is a mix of the parts that are destined for the whole; double butted steel, internal brass lining, .75 non-tapered stays, custom eccentric, should be cool.
Today, I cut, faced, and bored the headtube to fit the Chris King threadless headset. Swaged and mitered the downtube. Mitered the toptube. Angle cut and mitered the seat tube, tacked on the binder bolt, and drilled all the water bottle bosses.
Got the main triangle all fit up nice and tight into the jig and began prepping for the rear end.