Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Mike stopped by with his completed project

Morning folks,

Well, after a push to get a few bikes ready for the Arizona trip, Mikey stopped by to show off his now completed project.

After bashing the frame on nasty boulders out west for a week, I repainted the frame so it would be minty fresh again for the Ohio mountain bike season.

Mike chose to go with a red/orange/red fade this time and I think it is an improvement over the yellow rear end from last go.

I'll try to get Mike to write up a review of the 650's for those that have been curious and get it posted on MTBR. There really are many positives to the wheel size and very few disadvantages, the greatest being tire availability right now (but that's getting better quickly). It's a wheel size that just plain works.

For now, I thought I'd share some of the pics.





I've been busting out lots of small item projects this week; forks, stems, and working towards some Fat restos, but those have taken a bit of a back seat to the fabrication work that needs done.

I should have the Ti materials for the proto Luv Handles landing toward the end of the week, I'm looking forward to those. I'm going to make up 5 bars this first run just to see if I like the result. If it is good to go, I'll consider making them a standard item.

Cheers for now,

rody

No comments: