I grabbed 12 hours of vacation from the fire department today and spent the day in the shop trying to push out some more items before the end of the year.
Today I worked on some bar stem combos, a stem and a Ti shim for Melvins old school Ti bar for his WTB Phoenix.
I figured a Ti bar needs a Ti shim to match, so I machined up one to fit the wide clamp of Melvins vintage Synchros. I started out with some 25.4 x .058 tubing that I bored out a bit and then parted off in the appropriate width.
I then split it, rounded and chamfered the edges, and polished it up...
here's a shot of my sister's favorite towel backdrop with one shim polished, one not ;)
I then moved on to Melvins bar stem combo with old school double expander...mitered up and ready to be sanded and welded. The double quill is fun to machine, but I always hate making the diagonal slits cause the piece is tough to fixture when the cuts involve 90% of the surface area.